Re: gset replacement (encoding)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gset replacement (encoding)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 16:36:17 -0400

On Friday, May 08, 2009, at 02:55PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I now (Debian) have to use either 2.1.73-19, 2.9.9-8 or 3.0.1-6, all
>of which (unfortunatelly) don't support anymore gset.
>
>I very often needed:
>
>gset encoding iso_8859_1
>gset term postscript
>gset output foo.ps
>replot
>
>How could I replace this in each of those versions now available to
>me?
>
>I looked around in the internet and it seems there is no replacement
>at all in 3.0.1-6.
>
>For 2.1 and 2.9 there should be a way to do this, I tried out various
>possibilities, but with no success.
>
>So, I would be very grateful, if somebody could help me here.
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>Andreas

The "encoding" part is not presently possible. If you can describe why you're
using it, perhaps there is another way, or perhaps we can add what you need.

To generate a postscript output, first create your plot ...

    x = 0:0.01:5;
    plot (x, sin(x), x, cos(x))
    xlabel ("x axis")
    ylabel ("Amplitude")
    title ("Trig Functions")

Then the output is rendered by the print command

    print (gcf, "-dpsc", "output.ps")

or, alternatively,

    print -dpsc output.ps

Ben