Re: Invoke an octave session via pipe

From: Qianqian Fang
Subject: Re: Invoke an octave session via pipe
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:57:21 -0400

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
When writing to a pipe you typically need to flush it afterwards to
ensure the other process actually gets the data. It seems your code
doesn't do it, so unless FreePascal flushes automatically, which I
doubt, I would try that. No idea of the syntax in Pascal, but you'll
probably figure out.

regards

hi Jaroslav

thank you for the reply. The TProcess class in free pascal does not have
"flush" function, which I believe it does it internally. Running this on
other programs worked fine.

What makes me curious is why my stdout reading did not give me the
octave prompt, i.e. "octave:1>"? looks like once octave get started,
it will start something else, which I can not access its stdout via
octave's stdout.