Re: subarray(x, d, k) for picking all k-th elements of d-th dimension o

From: G..
Subject: Re: subarray(x, d, k) for picking all k-th elements of d-th dimension of x ?
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 04:58:49 -0700 (PDT)

Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:

> I think it actually is documented - maybe you weren't aware that you
> can use a cs-list as index, but this more or less follows from the
> docs, I think. Another trick is maybe that you can use the ':' string
> instead of : - I think that's documented too, though I'm not sure. The
> rest is just thinking...

I just searched the octave manual and found nothing close to that, nor did I
find the fancy 0([1 1]) (= [0 0]) thing. Although it is probably not of
highest priority a better documentation is really desirable. On the other
hand there is always matlab documentation, but I'm not sure if these
constructs are similar there (or where to find them).

G.