Re: extracting value from a vector

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: extracting value from a vector
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:22:44 -0400 (EDT)

Alain asked:

      I would like to assign value of a vector individually to some variables.

and the best answer included num2cell etc.

I run into a similar problem often enough to have the 'oh, well, you
gotta do what you gotta do' attitude. Specifically, given a data file
that has an independent value and one or more dependent values per
line, the natural thing is to d=load() it. To plot it, I am used to
plot(d(:,1),d(:,2:end)), which works fine, but doesn't seem very elegant.

Is there a better way of handling this case, i.e. splitting columns
off a x,y-type dataset?