Re: Solving PDE; novice question

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Solving PDE; novice question
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:24:28 +0200

On 15 Apr 2009, at 00:18, Ivan Sutoris wrote:

I'm not expert on PDE's, but I think Octave itself does not have
specific function for PDE solving, and I don't see such package at
Octave-Forge either. I've discovered some finite element code for
Octave on the web [1], [2] , but haven't tried it myself.

[1] FEMOCTAVE: http://ideas.repec.org/c/cod/octave/c090801.html
[2] OctMesh: http://octmesh.forja.rediris.es/

Among packages devoted to solution of PDEs in general, I'd like to mention, in addition to the ones above,
the octave-forge package BIM

[3] BIM: http://octave.sourceforge.net/bim

but, to my knowledge, none of the above can deal out of the box with the kind of non-linear integro-differential problem mentioned by th OP

Regards
Ivan Sutoris

c.