reverse of autoload

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: reverse of autoload
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:43:56 +0200

Hi,

I thought that that all functions belonging to a package would become undefined when the package is unloaded,
but it seems that this is not completely true, for example:

>> pkg load combinatorics
>> which partcnt
partcnt is the dynamically-linked function from the file
/Users/carlo/octave/combinatorics-1.0.7/i386-apple-darwin8.9.1-api-v32/ partint.oct
>> pkg unload combinatorics
>> partcnt(6)
ans =  11
>> which partcnt
partcnt is the dynamically-linked function from the file
/Users/carlo/octave/combinatorics-1.0.7/i386-apple-darwin8.9.1-api-v32/ partint.oct
>> clear partcnt
>> which partcnt
partcnt is the dynamically-linked function from the file
/Users/carlo/octave/combinatorics-1.0.7/i386-apple-darwin8.9.1-api-v32/ partint.oct
>> partcnt(6)
ans =  11

This is because "partcnt" is mapped to the DLD file "partint.oct" by an "autoload" command in a "PKG_ADD" file. In the case of the particular exmple I have chosen this is not a big deal, but this behaviour could be very annoying in the case of packages that overwrite some core functions..

Is there a way of removing an item from the autoload map?

Thanks,
Carlo