Re: File processing advice

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: File processing advice
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 21:30:20 +0100

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM, AlexG1 <address@hidden> wrote:

> AlexG1 wrote:
>>
>> (using fscanf, fprintf for reading and writing from\to file):
>>

> Just to be clear - I'm using fscanf and not load for reading is because the
> input file may contain commented lines as well, and I can't just ignore
> those lines (I need to copy them to the output file).
> --

Performance issues (both optimizing scripts and Octave itself) are by
far best done on real examples. Can't you share your actual code + a
test file? If they're too big to post here, perhaps make the
accessible on the web?
You may be missing something simple, or there may be a simple
optimization possible for Octave.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek