Re: Gnuplot hangs on Windows XP

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Gnuplot hangs on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:36:31 +0000

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> wrote:
>>The fact that the plot is not updated when you resize the window is the
>>normal behavior of gnuplot: you have to force a replot to update the
>>window, for instance by changing the grid mode. There's no way around
>>that.
>
> Is that true on Windows?  On Linux, gnuplot's plot is resized together
> with the window, using Octave 3.0.1 and Gnuplot 4.2.4.

It depends what you mean by "resized". From my experience using the
wxt terminal, when the window is resized, the bitmap buffer containing
the plot is resized, as you would scale an image, keeping it's aspect ratio.
Expanding by a large scaling factor leads then to pixelization (or blurring,
if the expanded bitmap is filtered). Triggering a replot then recreate a new
bitmap buffer of the correct size and gives you a much nicer (shaper)
result.

Michael.