Problem with appearance of plots

From: Lennart O
Subject: Problem with appearance of plots
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:29:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi I'm having a problem with plots that are not very pretty. It's almost like
an old version of gnuplot is being used. The result looks very crude. I
should mention that I am using Octave 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 8.10. I took some
screenshots to show what I mean.

Plot with Octave:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22048113/octave.png

Plot with Gnuplot:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22048113/gnuplot.png

Any idea how to fix this? Is it a problem with the Ubuntu package or do I
need to change some settings in Octave?

ps. Sorry about the images being so large.