Re: Problem with appearance of plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem with appearance of plots
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:46:06 -0500

On Feb 16, 2009, at 6:29 PM, Lennart O wrote:

Hi I'm having a problem with plots that are not very pretty. It's almost like an old version of gnuplot is being used. The result looks very crude. I should mention that I am using Octave 3.0.1 on Ubuntu 8.10. I took some
screenshots to show what I mean.

Plot with Octave:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22048113/octave.png

Plot with Gnuplot:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22048113/gnuplot.png

Any idea how to fix this? Is it a problem with the Ubuntu package or do I
need to change some settings in Octave?

ps. Sorry about the images being so large.

Octave is telling gnuplot to use the x11 terminal, and when you run gnuplot directly it is using the wxt terminal.

Try ...

        $ export GNUTERM=wxt
        $ octave

... and then do some plots.