Re: octaviz and color

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: octaviz and color
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:40:08 -0700

On 2/11/09 address@hidden wrote:
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:43:57 -0800 (PST)
From: alberto_gh <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Hi,

Could you be more specific in how to assign scalar inputs and modifying a
color scheme please? I have tried to plot only one triangle at each time
with one color based in my curvature value at each of that triangle's peaks
but I don't get a good result. Is there any way to do it as if it was a 4d
plot, where the fourth dimension, represented as a color, takes values from
a vector?

Thanks very much

Alberto

Unfortunately, octaviz is not currently being maintained. It will not compile with vtk > 5.0.x, and therefore I am no longer able to install octaviz on my computer (which is Mac OS X). I do not have the c++/bison knowledge to fix the bugs, and no one else has offered to help. Also, there is a separate effort to provide OpenGL 3d rendering via FLTK to Octave; this will likely supersede all projects like Octaviz.

That said, I think your problem may be simple. The vtk_surf (and other similar functions) will take 4 matrix inputs, the last being a set of scalar values to use for the colormap:

vtk_surf(x,y,z,c)

To change the colormap that is applied, use the function "vtk_colormap" (you can download the m-file from octaviz cvs). For example:

vtk_colormap (jet(256))

HTH,
Jonathan