Re: gnuplot in Octave review

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: gnuplot in Octave review
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:43:44 -0800 (PST)

--- On Wed, 2/11/09, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: gnuplot in Octave review
> To: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 5:26 PM
> 2009/2/11 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
> should
> you ever feel like opening 200 windows.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Jordi,

again, it wasn't that I really made calculations that told me I would
need 200+ windows.

It was more or less like this:

# the line below is for real work, temporarily commented out
#for i=1:100
# the line below is for debugging
for i=50:50
  for j=1:2
    # some code, including calls to 'plot'
  endfor
endfor

So, during debugging I had a small number of windows, like 4, but when I
switched to"real" mode, number of windows increased.

My 'octave' code produces some responses, and the need to be monitored with
at least "one eye open".

Regards,
  Sergei.