Re: gnuplot in Octave review

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: gnuplot in Octave review
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:04:32 -0600

2009/2/11 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
> I once had 200+ 'gnuplot' windows created by just one 'octave' session,
> cumulative memory consumption of the session + the windows was much more that
> 4GB (architectural limit of a 32 bits system), and it was on a
> 32 bits system.

I don't understand. Why is it good that the memory usage is much more
than 4 GB? How could it be more than 4 GB on a 32 bit system? Wouldn't
that bring your system to a trash?

Moreover, why did you have 200 windows open? And why would a separate
process be better to have 200 windows open?

- Jordi G. H.