Re: running .exe

From: Bob Odom
Subject: Re: running .exe
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:25:40 -0800 (PST)

Usually .exe files are Windows executables, so if you are running Ubuntu
Linux it will probably not run at all. Linux does not require you to
assign a specific suffix to a file to indicate whether it is an
executable. However if you created an executable on your Ubuntu sysyem,
and appended the .exe suffix out of habit or convenience then you can
run it from within octave using the "system" function. You can uses
system(} like this:
[s,w]=system( [ filedir '/file.exe < ' fname '.env >& ' fname '.prt'
] );

filedir is the location of your .exe file.
fname.env is the input file for your program and fname.prt is the output
file.

Bob