RE: save and load bug.

From: GARY FORBIS
Subject: RE: save and load bug.
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:09:14 +0000

Thanks all.  Eliminating one issue lets me focus better.

I'm still looking.  I'm very new to Octave even though I tried
trying to run the software I was using to learn more about ANNs and MathLab
at the same time.  I gave  up quickly.

I don't understand the structure of the files on sourceforge.
I'm having a bit of trouble getting started.  It's one more thing to learn.
I saved octave-forge-bundle-20080831.tar.gz to my cygwin home directory, unzipped,
and untarred it.  It looks like the various pieces are tarred and zipped inside the package.

I guess I can just recursively unzip an untar the files.  Is there some documentation about
where things are in the source files?

My first guess was that the file was read a record at a time then parsed and I had hit a
16 bit limit.  This didn't make much sense to me so I tried positive numbers and I was able
to write records with many more numbers in them and load them back in.  Negative number
with few significant digits had less poblems as well.