RE: save and load bug.

From: GARY FORBIS
Subject: RE: save and load bug.
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 01:50:39 +0000

a> I tried a simple version

> a = -rand (1, 500);
> save -text test.txt a
> clear all
> load test.txt
> whos a
>
> Running both 3.0.3 and the developers sources load() appears to work.
>
> I you are unable to produce a simple example which demonstrates the
> problem, can you attach a file that doesn't load so that it may be
> examined?
>
> Ben

I thought I gave it.  Here it is again:

a=-0.03597396637549816
b=[]
for x=1:500
b=[b,a]
save stest b
load stest
end

Here it is running:

octave-3.0.3.exe:13> a=-0.03597396637549816
a = -0.035974
octave-3.0.3.exe:14>
octave-3.0.3.exe:14> b=[]
b = [](0x0)
octave-3.0.3.exe:15> for x=1:500
> b=[b,a]
> save stest b
> load stest
> end
error: load: failed to load matrix constant
error: load: trouble reading ascii file `stest'
error: load: reading file stest
error: evaluating for command near line 15, column 1
octave-3.0.3.exe:15>

The reason I wrote it that way was because it fails predictably.  Another version:

a=-0.03597396637549816
b=[]

for x=1:383
b=[b,a]
end
save stest b
load stest
b=[b,a]
save stest b
load stest

In this second program the first case loads and the second fails.