Setting output precision.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Setting output precision.
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:17:39 -0800

On 10-Dec-2008, Jason Cipriani wrote:

| I have Octave 3.0.0 for Windows. When I try to set output_precision it says:
|
| warning: output_precision is no longer a built-in variable; please
| read the NEWS file or type `news' for details
|
| This is all good and well but 10 pages of news doesn't help me see 2
| decimal points instead of 1. I gave up around something about how the
| search paths have changed and something about pipes to gnuplot. I saw
| something mentioned about built-in variables being changed to
| functions, but:
|
|  output_precision(2)
|
| Just said:
|
|   Invalid vector index: 2

That will happen if you create a variable called "output_precision" by
doing something like

  output_precision = 2;

and then try to get the second element of the output_precision array
by doing

  output_precision (2)

since the ouptut_precision variable you created only has one element.

| And "help output_precision" says it's not documented, so....... I
| guess the output_precision change was left out of the news? How do I
| set the output precision now?

Try

  clear output_precision
  output_precision (2)