Setting output precision.

From: Jason Cipriani
Subject: Setting output precision.
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:37:42 -0500

I have Octave 3.0.0 for Windows. When I try to set output_precision it says:

warning: output_precision is no longer a built-in variable; please
read the NEWS file or type `news' for details

This is all good and well but 10 pages of news doesn't help me see 2
decimal points instead of 1. I gave up around something about how the
search paths have changed and something about pipes to gnuplot. I saw
something mentioned about built-in variables being changed to
functions, but:

 output_precision(2)

Just said:

  Invalid vector index: 2

And "help output_precision" says it's not documented, so....... I
guess the output_precision change was left out of the news? How do I
set the output precision now?

Thanks,
Jason