Re: calling c++ or c from octave?

From: Bob Odom
Subject: Re: calling c++ or c from octave?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:00:26 -0800 (PST)

From: Carlo de Falco <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden, "Francis Poulin" <address@hidden>
Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 6:39 AM
On 04/nov/08, at 19:57, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

You may start from here:
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CodaTutorial .

I am using a different approach - I am writing data in
binary format from
"C" using "fwrite" and load the
data into 'octave' using 'fopen',
'fread'
in 'octave'. Works like a charm.

Regards,
 Sergei.

if you only need to exchange data then "popen"
and
"fread" are probably an even better option
c.

Well, in my case 'octave' does not call the "C" program and vice versa.
So, the "C" program dumps data into files and when I need to analyze them
by 'octave' I invoke it.

If all that is needed is to manage workflow, then perhaps the "system"
function in octave would be helpful.  For example, you can do something
like:

octave> system("script_to_run_C_program")
octave> read_in_C_data
octave> [plotting commands]

Jonathan