Re: Problem with font sizes on plots:

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem with font sizes on plots:
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:49:38 -0400

On Tuesday, October 14, 2008, at 11:18AM, "Laurence Lurio" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>I would like to find a way to change the font size on the axis numbers in a
>plot. I have tried using the Defaulttextfontsize command, e.g.
>figure(1,'Defaulttextfontsize',18) but this only changes the font size on
>the labels for the axes, not on the axis numbers.  In principle, I could
>also try to work around this problem by printing the plot using the
>-Sxsize,ysize option to make the plot size smaller and the axis numbers
>relatively larger, but this also doesn't work.  Whenever I try to use the
>print command I get an error "gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font
>while printing string".
>
>Larry

I submitted a change to the developers sources recently which addresses this
problem.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/5bf8a57f85d5/scripts/plot/__axis_label__.m

I don't know which version of Octave you are using, but if it was released in
the last 6 months this change should work for you.

Ben