Re: negative indexing of matrix or general access

From: cblasius
Subject: Re: negative indexing of matrix or general access
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:05:15 +0200

> I don't think that names "array" and "matrix" are a good idea. I'd
> prefer something like "setbounds", "unsetbounds" to emphasize what the
> functions are doing. Otherwise, this should be simple to achieve using
> the OO stuff. I guess overriding a couple more functions like "find",
> "min", and "max" may do some good.

You are right, these functions should be named to emphasize what the
functions are doing.

Functions "min", "max", "find"  (and maybe some others else) should
also be revised to operate on this new object.

So, how we can start writing such package? I want to help to writing
such package.
I suppose that I will be learn something, to write such package to
octave project.
For any materials or links how to start I will be very graceful.

Best wishes,
Zbigniew