Re: Where is "colororder" defined?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Where is "colororder" defined?
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:41:05 -0400

On  2-Oct-2008, Samarkand wrote:

| > To verify that this is the problem, I suggest that you start Octave in
| > your home directory and type the following commands:
| >
| >   which plot
| >   path
| >
| > Is the plot function coming from the 3.0.0 directory tree?
| >
| > Does the output of path list the system directories for the 3.0.0
| > version?
| >
| > What is in your ~/.octaverc file?
| >
| > jwe
| >

| Many thanks John.
|
| I can't see any obvious evidence of using the 3.0.0. tree, here's the output
| from your suggestion:
|
| ==================================================================
| address@hidden ~]# cd ~
| address@hidden ~]# octave
| GNU Octave, version 3.0.3
| Copyright (C) 2008 John W. Eaton and others.
|
| Preamble removed for
| clarity........................................................
|
| octave:1> which plot
| plot is the user-defined function from the file
| /usr/local/share/octave/3.0.3/m/plot/plot.m
| octave:2> path
|
| Octave's search path contains the following directories:
| /usr/local/share/octave/3.0.3/m/testfun
| /usr/local/share/octave/3.0.3/m/control/base
| .
| ETC (all pointing to the 3.0.3 tree)
| .
| /usr/local/share/octave/3.0.3/m/plot
| .
| ETC (all pointing to the 3.0.3 tree)
| .
|
| octave:3> get (gca,"colororder")
| warning: get: invalid property `colororder'
| octave:4>
| =============================================================
|
| On your question of my .octaverc file well interestingly there is no such
| file on my system so am using the default environment I guess.

What does

  which octave

or

  type octave

at the shell prompt tell you?

Using that result, what does

  ldd /path/to/octave

show?

As you are the only person who has reported this problem, and given
that it is a pretty obvious problem that just about anyone trying to
plot anything would notice, I highly suspect something is wrong with
your installation.

But where did you get Octave 3.0.3?  I don't think the release has
been announced yet.  So which release candidate are you using?  How
did you build it?

Can anyone else who has been testing the release candidates confirm
this problem?

Is your installed copy of Octave somehow linking with old libraries?

jwe