how to interface sound card with octave on windows vista

From: bharat pathak
Subject: how to interface sound card with octave on windows vista
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:07:56 +0530

Dear Friends,

    I did not knew where to go and address, this so I am
    posting on this forum. Please do not mind.

    I have a .wav file which I want to read in octave and
    play it using sound command. but I am getting
    following error.

    code: [y,fs,bits] = wavread('speech_filt.wav');
             sound(y,fs,bits);

    error: evaluating if command near line 60, column 3
    error: called from 'sound' in file 'f:\install\octave3\octave\share\octave\packages\audio-1.1.1\sound.m'

//-----------------------------------------

   is the sound utility not able to interface with sound card.

   I am running on windows machine with vista home edition.
   octave version is 3.0.1

   Just to make sure the same commands work with Scilab.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Bharat Pathak
91-9845210809

Arithos Designs
www.Arithos.com

DSP Design Consultancy And Training Company.

You are invited to join "Arithos Designs" community on Orkut
http://www.orkut.co.in/Community.aspx?cmm=52708286