WaveLab under Octave?

From: PattiMichelle
Subject: WaveLab under Octave?
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 09:18:51 -0700

Hi All:

I'm an Octave newbie.  I'm looking at open source  I'm trying the windows version of Octave and qtOctave for its potential wavelet compatibility with MatLab, but cannot figure out how to apply the existing (Linux) WiKi to install WaveLab under Windows Octave.  Is there a Windows WiKi for Waveleb, or maybe there's another comprehensive wavelet toolkit I haven't found?

Also, is there a version of Octave that supports 64-bit variables (i.e., large numbers of floating point data)?  I often run out of variable indices with my big variables when I use 32-bit software, and I notice that Scilab has a 64-bit version (although I haven't tried it).  I'm currently using 64-bit IDL, and I know there's a GDL (IDL clone) but IDL has only a very basic built-in wavelet capability.

I'm looking for suggestions and/or help getting WaveLab (or other wavelet toolkit) installed under Octave.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Patti Sheaffer - Res. Sci.
The Aerospace Corp.
open source contributions: