Re: Neural Network Toolbox setup.

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Neural Network Toolbox setup.
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:34:45 +0100

On 28/lug/08, at 10:46, Russell jarvis wrote:

I have Octave working on a Fedora Core 5 distribution. I am trying to
setup the Octave Neural Network package from Source Forge:

octnnettb  nnet-0.1.3

I viewed and decompressed the package in the default GUI file
decompressor (sorry I can and will provide specific details if anyone
expresses an ability/interest to help).

In side one of the folders was a make file. Unfortunately I have not
had that much Linux experience and I don't know what exactly `make'
does, or what its syntax is.

Also I am interested in the most direct way of setting up the Neural
Network Tool box, and I am not sure if this involves the `make' file.

The text files that came with the package made frequent reference to
the make file, but the author of those files probably assumed previous
Linux experience.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Russell.

you can find answers for your questions in the octave-forge FAQ:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#install

or just typing

doc pkg

at the octave prompt