Re: good library of image processing functions

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: good library of image processing functions
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:38:10 -0400

bharat pathak wrote:
     Where can I get a good library of image processing functions
     in octave? I am using 2.1.73 on debian linux. and I am facing
     difficulty just with the imread function. It can read only bmps
     and that too color bmps.
Also other functions like imhist are misbehaving. Does anyone
     know/has a quality set of functions for image processing?

Hi Bharat,

Significant updates to the image processing codes have been made since 2.1.73, and more updates are actively occurring now. Since you are using Debian, I would suggest upgrading to octave 3.0.1 and installing the image manipulation toolbox (apt-get install octave3.0 octave-image).

Have a good day,

Bill