Re: chol problem

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: chol problem
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:10:45 -0700 (PDT)

Mucsyr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am making the migration from Matlab to Octave and am having a problem
> running "chol" on my Linux machine.  "ERROR: Missing CHOLMOD. Sparse
> cholesky factorization disabled" Using Octave on my windows operating
> systems does not give me this error.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

CHOLMOD is part of SuiteSparse (was UFSparse) from Tim Davis (Look it up)...
This means that when Octave was built and installed SuiteSparse was not
present. So this means that you as using chol on a sparse matrix.

So how did you get you copy of Octave? Did you build it yourself? If so what
OS and if linux distribution are you running? If you didn't build it
yourself how did you get it? With that information we might be able to
suggest what your next steps are.

D.