Re: remove voice of an audio file

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: remove voice of an audio file
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:50:59 -0500

On 12/06/2008, miguel olivares varela <address@hidden> wrote:
> I want to suppress or remove the
> voice of an audio file, not necessary of a song. For example to record a
> conference and you want to suppress the noise in order to listen only the
> speaker.

Is the goal to accomplish the task or to learn how DSP works and
accomplishes that task?

If you just want to remove voice and you don't care how it's done,
then I recommend you use Audacity, not Octave:

     http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Vocal_Removal

If you need to learn how DSP can be done in order to remove vocals,
perhaps other list members can help you accomplish this.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.