Re: syntax error when pkg install io-xxx.tar.gz package

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: syntax error when pkg install io-xxx.tar.gz package
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 06:33:15 -0400

On 22-May-2008, pauljoseph wrote:

| Tatsuro MATSUOKA-2 wrote:
| >
| > please use
| >
| > pkg install -verbose io-1.0.5.tar.gz
| >
| > to get more detailed information.
| >
| > Or please extract io-1.0.5.tar.gz and at extracted io-1.0.5/src  directry
| > try ./configure and make
| >

| This is what I got when i type pkg install -verbose:
|
| octave:1> pkg install -verbose io-1.0.5.tar.gz
| parse error:
|
|   syntax error

Does

  mark_as_command ("pkg")
  pkg install -verbose io-1.0.5.tar.gz

work?

If so, you need to find out why this is not happening automatically.
Normally, there would be a PKG_ADD file in the same directory as the
pkg.m file that contains does the mark_as_command thing for pkg.  Did
your build and install finish properly?

jwe