Mac problem with octave.app and BBEdit

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Mac problem with octave.app and BBEdit
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 17:31:27 -0400

I have a problem with octave.app and BBEdit that just appeared when I installed the 3.0.1 version of octave.app. Here's the problem.

I have a script named "newLSPortf.m". It begins with the shebang line
   #!/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave
Let's say the script is open in BBEdit.

If I do
   #! > Run in Terminal
in BBEdit, then the script runs perfectly and I get some output in a Terminal window.

On the other hand, if I do
   #! > Run
in BBEdit, then I get then same output in a "Unix Script Output" window followed by a list of warnings that all say the same thing: warning: load_path: ./Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/ share/octave/site/m: No such file or directory

This is definitely a problem between octave.app-3.0.1 and BBEdit. I have just reinstalled octave.app-3.0.0 and the warning messages no longer appear. BTW I am running BBEdit 8.7.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC G5.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Regards,

Vic