Re: mkoctfile and 64 bit

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: mkoctfile and 64 bit
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:38:57 -0500 (EST)

   I have just installed the 64-bit version of Ubuntu 7.10 on a PC with an
   Intel Q6660 CPU. Currently, I am not able to use
   functions compiled with mkoctfile. Although the compilation with

Somehow the mkoct file must be using the 32-bit compiler, generating
32-bit objects, which can't be linked with a 64-bit executable. You
must either use 32-bit octave, or recompile your .oct files using the
64-bit compiler.  which apparently isn't the default on your system
even though it should be on x86_64 Linux.  On my system (x86_64 fedora),
I get these results:

gcc -v
    Using built-in specs.
    Target: x86_64-redhat-linux

mkoctfile oregonator.cc
file oregonator.oct
    oregonator.oct: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
not stripped

What do you get on yours?