Re: Java and Jhandles Error - help

From: Telescope_Nerd
Subject: Re: Java and Jhandles Error - help
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:11:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi Michael
Thanks a lot for your help, I seem to be getting somewhere now. I added a
definition for JAVA_HOME to my .bashrc which is:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/

This has put a stop to the first error I described. i.e. the "java_exit not
a function" error when I exit octave, great.

However I still have the "Java support not compiled error" when I try and
install jhandles. If it helps I have pasted the full error message below:

config.status: WARNING:  Makeconf.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting
make: *** [all] Error 255
error: 'make' returned the following error: make: Entering directory
`/tmp/oct-mM4WcR/jhandles-0.3.1/src'
Java support not compiled
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-mM4WcR/jhandles-0.3.1/src'
error: called from `pkg:configure_make' in file
/usr/local/share/octave/3.0.0/m/pkg/pkg.m near line 1058, column 2

Also when I tried re-installing the java package from forge I got these
warnings:

config.status: WARNING:  Makeconf.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting
----------
1. WARNING in org/octave/ClassHelper.java (at line 359)
        private static Class getArrayElemClass (Class cls)
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The method getArrayElemClass(Class) from the type ClassHelper is never used
locally
----------
2. WARNING in org/octave/Octave.java (at line 20)
        import java.util.List;
The import java.util.List is never used
2 problems (2 warnings)octave:3>

Not sure if that is relevant.

Any more advice you have is very gratefully recieved!
Thanks