Re: A Bug With Sparse Matrices?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: A Bug With Sparse Matrices?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:19:58 -0400

On 16-Oct-2007, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| On 10/16/07, Alan Larkin <address@hidden> wrote:
|

| > That's the latest version in Portage ... I wonder why it's so far out of
date.

| Because it (2.1.71) is (mis)labeled on www.octave.org as "stable".
| It is stable, because no-one works on it ...

Also, Octave 2.1.7x by itself never contained support for sparse
matrices, so it is somewhat unfair to blame this problem on Octave or
the labeling as stable.

But anyway, we expect to have a new "stable" release soon in which I'm
sure people will be able to find a whole different set of new and
improved problems.

jwe