Thanks to all of you!

From: Nose Nada
Subject: Thanks to all of you!
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

David, Soren and Tatsuro:

Your answers have been very helpful. In this Linux-Octave world almost
everything is new for me. I also found a month and a half-old post (Cong-3
Jul 21, 2007; 12:44pm) that dealt with a similar issue. It was good to see
you there trying to help the guy. I decided to install Octave (2.9.13) from
the source. Installation proceed smoothly and after that I could also
install with no problem the spline package. The only problem I found after I
run configure was that the pcre package was not detected but it was
certainly there. I don't know if that will imply problems while working with
regular expressions in the future. Let's see.
Now I would like to do with the Netlib library Dierckx what Joerg Specht did
with the Netlib library gcvspl, that is, to write an Octave wrapper and make
it available as an Octave package much like spline-gcvspl is today. My
experience with programming is restricted to Matlab. I will contact Joerg
Specht for help, but can you give some hint on where to start reading a
dedicated document for this sole purpose? In any case, thanks a lot!

Regards,

Omar