Re: mkoctfile - Communications Package

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: mkoctfile - Communications Package
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:05:44 +0200

Vanessa del Valle Magalhães wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have installed the octave 2.9.13 im a Windows XP platform and I’m
> trying to install the communications package, but till now I just got
> errors! Can somebody help me? I have no idea what I could do!
> Octave-2.9-13.exe:5> pkg install communications-1.0.2.tar.gz
> ‘cl’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> Operable program or batch file.
> ‘link’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> Operable program or batch file.
> Configure: error: Could not run mkoctfile
> Error: the configure script returned the following error: checking for
> gcc… gcc
> Checking for C compiler default output file name… a.exe
> Checking whether the C compiler works… yes
> Checking whether we are cross compiling… no
> Checking for suffix of executables… .exe
> Checking for suffix of objects files… o
> Checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler… yes
> Checking whether gcc accepts –g… yes
> Checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C… none needed
> Checking for mkoctfile…mkoctfile
> Error: called from ‘pkg:configure_make’ in file C:\Program
> Files\Octave\share\octave
> Thankx!
> Best Regards,
> Vanessa

Vanessa,

Where did you get the windows 2.9.13 install from? Octave-forge? If so
then the latest communications package is already in the installer and
it is selected by default. Type "pkg list" and see if it is listed. Then
to really confirm it is there type "gf(1)"....

Note "cl" is the Microsoft Visual Studio linker and the error means that
you don't have MSVC installed. Look at the README that came with the
installer. This is explained there...

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only