Re: PDE scripts

From: Rafa Rodriguez Galvan
Subject: Re: PDE scripts
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:03:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

El dia 29 jun 2007 13:32, Tiago Charters de Azevedo <address@hidden> escribió:

Is there any PDE scripts (finite elements or diferences) available for solving PDE in Octave, for instance, similar to the ones found in the
PDEToolBox for MathLab?

Best regards,

tca

I'm working in a toolbox for the resolution of partial differential equations (PDE) by means of the &#64257;nite element method in Octave. I've called it octmesh, because it is made as an interface for the
access from Octave to LibMesh[2], a C++ parallel library for the
numerical simulation of PDE with support for adaptive mesh refinement. I'm trying to imitate it's object oriented syntax (as octaviz does with VTK).

It's in alfa state, but I it's usable (though some access to C++ may be needed at lower level, I mean, assembling of linear system matrices).
I hope to improve it in next weeks.

I'm also making a tutorial, I'll post more info in next days. Between my plans for future, it's the idea of using octmesh for making a high level toolbox, similar to PDEToolBox. Thechnically, it's not difficutl...

Help is welcome :-)

[1] http://octmesh.forja.rediris.es/
[2] http://libmesh.sourceforge.net/

--
Rafa Rodríguez Galván.
OSLUCA -- Oficina de Software Libre, Cadiz University (Spain)