error encountered in installing SundialsTB

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: error encountered in installing SundialsTB
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:38:07 -0400

On  9-Mar-2007, Ayesha Kalra wrote:

| I was trying to install SundialsTB in Octave (version 2.9.9)  and I tried this
|
| - went to the dir SundialsTB
| - started Octave
| - ran 'install_STB.m'
|
| The error I encountered is
|
| parse error near line 133 of file /.../install_STB.m
|
|   syntax error

| Can anyone help?

The Sundials TB works with the current CVS version of Octave.  Even
the install_STB script works.  I would not recommend trying to use the
Sundials TB with any earlier version of Octave.  There are some memory
leaks and other bugs in the MEX interface in Octave 2.9.9 that cause
some trouble.  If you aren't comfortable installing Octave from CVS,
then I would recommend waiting and using the next snapshot once it is
available.

jwe