Re: Is it possible to compile code?

From: Marcus Hardt
Subject: Re: Is it possible to compile code?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:30:16 +0100

Quoting Thomas Treichl
> Marcus Hardt schrieb:
> > Quoting Thomas Treichl

> >> This would be a good point for starting
> >>
> >>    http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveEmbedded
> >>
> >> that one also
> >>
> >>    http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CodaStandalone
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I'm not too sure it helps. I need to put self-written octave sources into
> > the .o file.
>
> If you maybe would be a little bit more precisely then we eventually could
> help you a bit better ;o) Eg. small code examples, ideas, intentions?

Yes, of course.

My task is to parallelise a larger application that is currently 100% matlab.

I'm using gridsolve in order to to RPCs across networks.

On the remote site, I can call anything that I can encapsulate into a .o file.
I.e. if I write a C function that can do.

If I can compile an octave function just like a C function, my life would be
quite easy. Re-implementing to a large extent is not possible, because the
matlab code is maintained by 2-4 others that can't leave their
devel-environment.

--
Marcus