Re: Anybody have a prgram to write a .bmp file?

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Anybody have a prgram to write a .bmp file?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:46:52 -0600

On 29/01/07, Robert A. Macy <address@hidden> wrote:
I need a program that writes an r, g, b set of matrices to
create a .bmp file

Anybody got one?

Sure. ImageMagick. I think I heard you say that you use a non-free
operating system, and I'm not sure if those distributions of Octave
include ImageMagick by default; you might have to get it on your own.

I'm also using the 'forge script imwrite to do the writing.

for example: here are the simple matrices:
>> r=ones(256,1)*(0:255)/255;
>> g=.5*ones(256,256);
>> b=.5*ones(256,256);

I tried to do
>> imshow(r,g,b);
but I only get a solid colored image with no shading
variations.  the colors only come up based upon the first
few pixels

That's odd. I can't reproduce this behaviour on Debian with Octave
2.9.9. Octave is calling ImageMagick to do the rendering, though, and
I think I read that you aren't using ImageMagick.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.