Re: normalization on dst/idst

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: normalization on dst/idst
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:57:36 -0500

On Dec 16, 2006, at 6:12 AM, Joan Picanyol i Puig wrote:

* Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> [20061206 03:09]:
Anybody have an idea what the normalization I should use for discrete
sine transform (dst/idst) functions?

I believe it is a matter of convention, but sqrt(2/N) sounds reasonable.

I added them to octave-forge, and would like it to be compatible

to?

I thought there might be a version somewhere in Matlab.
Indeed I found them in the pde toolbox, which is documented
as putting the normalization in the idst function.  I'll
go with that convention, and ignore the fact that the
dct/idct functions spread the scaling between them.

- Paul