x^y question

From: huub
Subject: x^y question
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 11:44:39 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to plot a couple of simple functions like y = x^2 + 2*x + 10, but I got these errors:

error: for A^b, A must be square
error: evaluating binary operator `^' near line 4, column 7
error: evaluating binary operator `+' near line 4, column 10
error: evaluating binary operator `+' near line 4, column 14
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 4, column 4
error: called from `test' in file `/home/huub/test.m'

When reading the online manual, I notice 2 things:
- the main topic is matrices
- the power-operator (^ and **) implementation needs improvement

Can I plot simple functions like this using Octave? I tried in Scilab, and have no problems at all.

Thank you

Huub