Plotting a selected vector from a 3D data set

From: Mark Esplin
Subject: Plotting a selected vector from a 3D data set
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:32:56 -0500

If I try to plot a vector from a 3D data set it doesn't work for the 3rd
dimension.  For example this doesn't work:

m = rand(10,10,10);
plot(m(1,1,:))

It gives me the error: transpose not defined for N-d objects

I tried it on GNU Octave, version 2.1.72 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) and version
2.9.6.

The other dimensions work as I would expect.  The following both work:

plot(m(:,1,1))
or
plot(m(1,:,1))

I don't know if this is bug or the lack of a feature that I would find
useful. A work around is plot(reshape(m(1,1,:),10,1)), but it seems more
awkward than it should be.

                        -Mark Esplin