debugging .oct libraries

From: Gorazd Brumen
Subject: debugging .oct libraries
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:06:49 +0100

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to debug (with a debugger, such as gdb or
totalview) the functions written in C++, compiled and run by octave.
Last time I
did that was (due to my incompetence in programming) a pain.
Should I attach the debugger to the octave process, or ...
Octave
was constantly crashing etc. So, my question is, how can one
most effectively debug these things? And please, no Linus answers: "If
you need a debugger you are not good enough."
I know that myself.

Gorazd

--
Gorazd Brumen