Re: imagesc

From: Eric Gayer
Subject: Re: imagesc
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:57:42 +0000

Please tell us which version of octave, octave-forge and gnuplot you are
using.

I intsalled octave 2.9.9, and gnuplot 4. (I don't know how to upgrade to the 4.1 version in an easy way)

The older Mac versions of octave/octave-forge write a .bmp file to
display images via the Mac Preview.app.

Where is it supposed to be write ? in the current directory or somwhere else ?

Some newer (experimental) versions
use the gnuplot pm3d option to write such images directly to AquaTerm.

that's what I am looking for actually, in order to export .pdf file...

thank for your help

Hi,

I just installed octave on OSX with Gnuplot and AquaTerm, everything
runs fine... I can see a simple plot or even the sombrero on
aquaterm. However I need to plot a matrixe A as we could do in matlab
using imagesc(A)...
But when I do it on octave, nothing happens... I don't see any figure
appearing, I don't see any new window and I don't get any error
message from octave...

Is it possible to plot a matrice on Octave ?

thank for your help

Eric