Re: OpenMPI vs. Octave 2.9.x

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: OpenMPI vs. Octave 2.9.x
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:50:24 +0200

David Bateman wrote:
Marius Schamschula wrote:
Hi all,

I finally got Octave 2.9.9 to build on my G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.8
(prior versions failed to work with octave-forge).

I used to build Octave 2.1.x with and w/o lam. I have since switched
to OpenMPI. After my standard build, I just tried building Octave with
OpenMPI. The configure script gives no outward indications of a test
for mpi, nor are the libraries listed at the end of the script, or in
./configure --help.

Am I safe to assume that there is no current MPI support?

In octave itself there isn't MPI support, but you should look at

http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb

I'm not sure its ported to 2.9.x yet though..

D.

I for one have started holding my breath. M.