OpenMPI vs. Octave 2.9.x

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: OpenMPI vs. Octave 2.9.x
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 19:09:08 -0500

Hi all,

I finally got Octave 2.9.9 to build on my G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.8 (prior versions failed to work with octave-forge).

I used to build Octave 2.1.x with and w/o lam. I have since switched to OpenMPI. After my standard build, I just tried building Octave with OpenMPI. The configure script gives no outward indications of a test for mpi, nor are the libraries listed at the end of the script, or in ./configure --help.

Am I safe to assume that there is no current MPI support?

Marius

--

Marius Schamschula                               Webmaster

        The Huntsville Macintosh Users Group

                    www.hmug.org

webmaster at hmug dot org    marius at schamschula dot com