Re: Need some help with Oct files

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Need some help with Oct files
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:49:59 +0200

Philip Goh wrote:

Thanks for the replies so far! They have been very helpful. Does anyone have any idea where I would go to for documentation on oct files? I've tried Google searching for tutorials and just reference documentation (for the API) and haven't come up with much.

Philip

The Best Place (TM) is http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategoryExternal

I find it very helpful to look at examples of code that works, for problems that I understand. Octave-forge has lots of examples, and you can examine files using a web interface. For example, the samin.cc file I mentioned before is at
http://octave.cvs.sourceforge.net/octave/octave-forge/main/optim/src/samin.cc?view=markup

By the way, JWE, thanks for the pointers on pointers. I'll be checking in a new version soon.

M.