FW: how to build octave with ufsparse lib

From: Joe Koski
Subject: FW: how to build octave with ufsparse lib
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:39:17 -0600

on 8/25/06 8:45 PM, John W. Eaton at address@hidden wrote:

> | Each of the eight libraries that you need must be built separately. The
> | libraries that you need are AMD, CAMD, CHOLMOD, CCOLMAND, COLAMD, CXSparse,
> | metis-4.0 from (http://glaros.dtc.umn.edu/gkhome/node), and UMFPACK (which
> | you already have).
>
> METIS is not required.

John, Frank,

I originally tried to build octave without metis. My guess was that I didn't
need metis, and there is an option to build without metis in CHOLMOD, so I
tried it, and did get a libcholmod.a. During octave configure, the script
was looking for metis headers. During the octave-2.9.7 make, I had
unsatisfied symbols with metis in the name, so I went back and reconfigured
and rebuilt CHOLMOD with metis. Everything then worked. Maybe someone can
explain why this happened.

One error in my original post on how to build UFsparse: the file that you
modify in UFconfig is UFconfig.mk, not UFconfig.h.

Joe