Greek symbols in plot labels

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Greek symbols in plot labels
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:06:03 -0700

Hi -

I am trying to add a label to a plot and the label is comprised of both standard characters and Greek characters, for instance, "Frequency between 0 and 2<pi>" Of course, I want to use the actual character for pi in the label. This should be doable by setting my terminal type to an enhanced type and issuing the command

xlabel('Frequency between 0 and 2{/Symbol p}');

However, when I do this, the entire label is displayed in Greek characters and hence makes no real sense. When I issue the command a second time from the terminal it works. But when I try issuing the command twice in a script it doesn't work. Is there something more I need to do? I know that technically this would be considered a gnuplot question but it doesn't give problems in gnuplot leading me to believe that the issue is somewhere in Octave-gnuplot interaction.

Thanks

-Ron