Re: building 64-bit octave: readline problem

From: Avraham Rosenberg
Subject: Re: building 64-bit octave: readline problem
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:12:57 +0300

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 01:16:07AM -0600, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> On 6/11/06, Avraham Rosenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >The configure script ended with:
> >configure: WARNING: I need GNU Readline 4.2 or later
> >configure: error: this is fatal unless you specify --disable-readline
> >
> >Checking my lib, I found there:
> >libreadline.so.5
> >libreadline.so.5.1
> >So, either it's not that, or configure does not see them.
>
> Those are run-time libraries. You need to install development
> headers. Check if you have readline.h, for a example...
>

> >Cheers, Avraham
> >

> Regards,
>
> Dmitri.

Thanks a lot. I got rid of the critical mistakes.
Before doing the make, I would like to hear from you -and others
- about ways to improve the configuration obtained:
Octave is now configured for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

  Source directory:     .
  Installation prefix:  /usr/local
  C compiler:           gcc   -Wall -W -Wshadow -g -O2
  C++ compiler:         g++   -Wall -W -Wshadow -g -O2
  Fortran compiler:     f77 -O
  Fortran libraries:
  BLAS libraries:
  FFTW libraries:       -lfftw3
  GLPK libraries:
  UMFPACK libraries:
  COLAMD libraries:
  CCOLAMD libraries:
  CHOLMOD libraries:
  CXSPARSE libraries:
  HDF5 libraries:
  MPI libraries:
  LIBS:                 -lreadline  -lncurses -ldl -lz -lm
  Default pager:        less
  gnuplot:              gnuplot

  Do internal array bounds checking:  false
  Build static libraries:             false
  Build shared libraries:             true
  Dynamic Linking:                    true (dlopen)
  Include support for GNU readline:   true
  64-bit array dims and indexing:     false
                                     ^^^^^^^
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found.  This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CHOLMOD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CXSparse not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: HDF5 library not found.  Octave will not be able to save or
load HDF5 data files.

Should I worry about the line on array indexing ?

Thanks, Avraham